Sunday, June 9, 2013

Well,

Tumblr sent me  running silently screaming into hermit mode for a few months. With two attempts since to dip my toes in the water and go back; the latest being very recently. It was always a bit...needlessly complicated. But there were solutions. There no longer seem to be solutions, in fact basic things are no longer working.

Basic things.

Thus I'm back again trying to find something that lets me write my bloggy thinky thoughts; easily. Blogger is - a sea of white space. Still. And I haven't found any userstyle that somehow fixes that. So, I'm on the hunt for space/a place again.

Wordpress... did not work for me. Which is sad because I have a few essays up there (hopefully still up there) with responses and conversations I'd enjoyed. I'm not sure I want to go back to a journal style similar to LJ  - in which case it'd be Dreamwidth. It's easy of course. But doesn't feel like it'd fit somehow.

Maybe I just need to find the write desktop program for blogger so I never actually have to touch the site again. Maybe.

That'd be yet another program to hunt down; computer issues in Feb means I'm STILL playing catch-up installing stuff on a new computer. I don't think one was ever meant to USE a new computer and update it with new programs at the same time. At least I'm not; I start using it and then a fw hours later reach for something that's not there, and have to figure out if I need to update the old saved program or find a new one and if I should spend more time adding a few more programs and then move on and the cycle repeats; because wow, I had a lot of programs on the old one.


Anyway, yeah. 2013. Near half over and full of bump bump bump on my end.

Hmm. At least I had Elementary.